About the FOMNRR
The mission of the Friends of the Missouri National Recreational River is to build awareness, enhance and advocate for the scenic, recreational, fish and wildlife, ecological, geological, cultural/historical values and economic and recreational opportunities of the Missouri River, a component of the National Wild and Scenic Rivers System.
- Develop and maintain partnerships to enhance the Missouri National Recreational River and the adjacent middle Missouri River corridor for the betterment of people within the region, as well as, the United States
- Enhance the quality of the visitor experience making The Missouri National Recreational River a national tourist destination
- Provide leadership in developing a shared vision and a unified voice for Missouri National Recreational River stakeholders
- Build an active constituency and raise funds to support The Missouri National Recreational River resource stewardship
- Increase the public's awareness of The Missouri National Recreational River
- Facilitate efforts to enhance The Missouri National Recreational River and specifically the "Missouri National Recreational River Outstandingly Remarkable Values"
- Promote and coordinate volunteer activities of The Missouri National Recreational River
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors (BOD) shall consist of 10-17 elected members. Those BOD members will target participation from the following: up to four representatives of cities or counties adjoining the Missouri National Recreational River (2 in South Dakota, 2 in Nebraska); and at least one Tribal Representative. The FOMNRR membership chairman will appoint up to four landowner interests of the MNRR (two members each from the 39 & 59 mile divisions and split evenly between SD and NE); up to two representatives from tourism/economic development; up to two representatives from recreation; one from education/science; and one representative from resource stewardship.
Chair: Paul Lepisto
Vice Chair: Tim Cowman
Secretary: Dave Swanson
Treasurer: Bob Foley
NPS Liaison: Rick Clark
The Friends of The Missouri National Recreational River (FOMNRR) shall function under the authority of US IRS Code 501(c) (3). The FOMNRR are incorporated in South Dakota and based in Yankton. The organization is organized exclusively for charitable, educational or scientific purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Any information supplied to the FOMNRR by its members will be used solely to fulfill needed membership requirements. The information shall not be shared for any reason unless permission is granted by the member to share such information. The FOMNRR does not sell or share its membership list.