First Annual FOMNRR Photo Contest
The Missouri National Recreational River (MNRR) flows 98 miles between Nebraska and South Dakota. What is your favorite part of the river? What river activities do you, your family, and your friends enjoy? What birds, mammals, insects, plants, or fish have you seen there? What spectacular sunrises, sunsets, and landscapes have you witnessed?
There will be 4 categories:
- River Activities, including boating, rafting, kayaking, hunting, and fishing. If photographs of people are recognizable, they will need to sign a release form.
- Wildlife and plants in their natural river habitat, including fish, birds, mammals, invertebrates, wildflowers, and trees.
- Scenery, including water, geological formations, bridges, sandbars, and river banks.
Note: photographs taken with drones will not be accepted.
- Youth (18 and under). Photographs by youth must fit into one of the categories listed above.
Winning photographs will be printed in the FOMNRR newsletter and shown on the FOMNRR website and Facebook page.
Deadline is October 1, 2021.
Photo Contest Rules
Email all entries to email@example.com. You may also email questions.
- Photos may be taken with either a camera or a smartphone. If using a smartphone, please choose the actual (4 mb) or large size (1.25 mb).
- You may submit up to 5 photos, but their combined size in an email should be no larger than 25 MB.
- Include your name, address, and telephone number.
- If you are entering your photos under the youth category, include your age.
- Label each digital file with your last name and the title of the image.
- Include a one-two sentence caption for each photograph that lets viewers know where the photograph was taken and what is important to you about it.